The first version of Sprite Clipper, one of the primary reasons I started this site, has been released! I tried to break the program as best as I could, and if I found something wrong I would fix it. Since I haven’t been able to break this version, I’m putting it out there for people to use and try out. No guarantees, of course!
Check it out here.
I’ve learned a great deal pursuing this project and this site. Here’s a bit:
- Netbeans, Ant, Freemarker
- git and Github
- Setting up a domain and using WordPress
- Blob detection algorithms
- Packing algorithms
- Slick2d library (for testing)
In fact, the reason I started Sprite Clipper was that I started playing with Slick2d, but found getting sprite assets (even ones just for testing) a real pain in the butt. I’m one of those people who will expend huge amounts of effort to avoid doing tedious tasks. Tediously cropping sprites is a pain. Building entire programs to avoid doing that is actually a lot of fun.